Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How accurateis Google AdWords Traffic Estimator

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone,

I am designing a testing campaign that includes a group of ads composed of 73 keywords with a maximum of 8100 searches per month (exact match and suggested bid € 1.83) and a minimum of 70 searches per month (exact match and suggested bid € 0.73) for a total amount of 43090 searches (exact match).

I loaded the keywords in Google Keyword Traffic Estimator and set a daily budget of 30 euros and keywords set to broad match, the keyword instrument estimated a minimum number of 230 clicks daily.

The average bid suggested by AdWords is 1.50 euros. If I apply this amount, the estimate of minimum daily clicks decreases to 34.

How is it possible that with such a low CPC (€ 0.23) compared to the suggested higher CPC (€ 1.50) I can get 230 clicks vs 34? Does this estimate seem reliable?

Thank you in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ahmed Ali (Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆)
September 2015

Re: How accurateis Google AdWords Traffic Estimator

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Guido;

The traffic estimator is as accurate as statistics  could be.. Smiley Surprised  It has  a margin of error; (which Google does not disclose)

Since Google does not disclose this margin of error, It could be  quite broad;

So, I would take the "estimates"  with some caution

I prefer to use the historical data (available also in the keyword planner) - which represents the actual price paid by advertisers, and use this as a first shot 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ahmed Ali (Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Guido;

The traffic estimator is as accurate as statistics  could be.. Smiley Surprised  It has  a margin of error; (which Google does not disclose)

Since Google does not disclose this margin of error, It could be  quite broad;

So, I would take the "estimates"  with some caution

I prefer to use the historical data (available also in the keyword planner) - which represents the actual price paid by advertisers, and use this as a first shot 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi MosheTLV, how do you "use the historical data"? can you be specific on which button to click?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
@Andrew ;
Here you are: step by step instructions;
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2999770?hl=en