Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How To Upload a .gif Into AdWords

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey there everyone,

i have an issue uploaded gifs into adwords i already checked the guidelines and it meets all the requirements but when i try to upload it this comes up

"Your animation format is not supported. For animated ads, make sure you upload an SWF file."

So I converted it to SWF and it told me that flash is not allowed which is weird since it told me to upload it in that format

could i please get some help with this,

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

Re: How To Upload a .gif Into AdWords

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Dylan, how are things?

That's strange, SWF is indeed not supported anymore, and when it's possible, they're converted to HTML5, but your GIF should work.

I know you said that you meet the guidelines, but just for us to be completely sure, all animated .GIF banners must be:
- 150kb or smaller
- Animation length must be 30 seconds or shorter
- Animations can be looped, but the animations must stop after 30 seconds
- Animated GIF ads must be slower than 5 FPS
Reference: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/176108?hl=en

If that indeed does not work, I'd recommend for you to get in touch with support, and as a 3rd option, you can use Google Web Designer to create a HTML5 banner. On the same link above, just go to "HTML5 ads created in Google Web Designer".

Hope this helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Re: How To Upload a .gif Into AdWords

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Dylan S Smiley Happy

Welcome to the community.

I just want to add 1 thing to leandrofm's post above. Since he mentioned about creating banner ads, check out this link- https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Videos/Create-Quality-Banner-Ads-with-Google-Web-Designer/...

Good luck Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Dylan, how do I upload GIF into Google Adwords? Image ad? Thank you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How do I make sure a gif animation stops after 30 seconds?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi mayrastephanie, that will depend entirely on how you are creating your gifs. What are you using to create them? Using Photoshop CC - File > export > Save for web (Legacy) then on the bottom right "Looping Options," choose "other" and set a loop count that keeps your animation under 30 seconds. A 5 second animation could safely loop 5 times to stay under 30 seconds. I hope this helps.