AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How To Upload a .gif Into AdWords

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey there everyone,

i have an issue uploaded gifs into adwords i already checked the guidelines and it meets all the requirements but when i try to upload it this comes up

"Your animation format is not supported. For animated ads, make sure you upload an SWF file."

So I converted it to SWF and it told me that flash is not allowed which is weird since it told me to upload it in that format

could i please get some help with this,

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

Re: How To Upload a .gif Into AdWords

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Dylan, how are things?

That's strange, SWF is indeed not supported anymore, and when it's possible, they're converted to HTML5, but your GIF should work.

I know you said that you meet the guidelines, but just for us to be completely sure, all animated .GIF banners must be:
- 150kb or smaller
- Animation length must be 30 seconds or shorter
- Animations can be looped, but the animations must stop after 30 seconds
- Animated GIF ads must be slower than 5 FPS
Reference: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/176108?hl=en

If that indeed does not work, I'd recommend for you to get in touch with support, and as a 3rd option, you can use Google Web Designer to create a HTML5 banner. On the same link above, just go to "HTML5 ads created in Google Web Designer".

Hope this helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Dylan, how are things?

That's strange, SWF is indeed not supported anymore, and when it's possible, they're converted to HTML5, but your GIF should work.

I know you said that you meet the guidelines, but just for us to be completely sure, all animated .GIF banners must be:
- 150kb or smaller
- Animation length must be 30 seconds or shorter
- Animations can be looped, but the animations must stop after 30 seconds
- Animated GIF ads must be slower than 5 FPS
Reference: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/176108?hl=en

If that indeed does not work, I'd recommend for you to get in touch with support, and as a 3rd option, you can use Google Web Designer to create a HTML5 banner. On the same link above, just go to "HTML5 ads created in Google Web Designer".

Hope this helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Dylan S Smiley Happy

Welcome to the community.

I just want to add 1 thing to leandrofm's post above. Since he mentioned about creating banner ads, check out this link- https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Videos/Create-Quality-Banner-Ads-with-Google-Web-Designer/...

Good luck Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Dylan, how do I upload GIF into Google Adwords? Image ad? Thank you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How do I make sure a gif animation stops after 30 seconds?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi mayrastephanie, that will depend entirely on how you are creating your gifs. What are you using to create them? Using Photoshop CC - File > export > Save for web (Legacy) then on the bottom right "Looping Options," choose "other" and set a loop count that keeps your animation under 30 seconds. A 5 second animation could safely loop 5 times to stay under 30 seconds. I hope this helps.