Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How To Best Position a Campaign For Different City

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi there

Wondering what the best approach is to creating campaigns for a city that your website is not really optimized for. For example, Say I work in New York and the word "New York" is all over my website and I create a campaign that caters to New York with those keywords.

Now I wish to target my business in a different city, say Chicago. Since my entire website is "new york" based, do I need to create a new site to have the same effect/result on a campaign for the Chicago campaign? 

Wondering what is the best approach to optimize and create quality content/landing page for different locations.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How To Best Position a Campaign For Different City

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Carlos,

"...do I need to create a new site to have the same effect/result on a campaign for the Chicago campaign? ..."

Yup, that's how it's usually being done. Though it is typically not an entire website they adjust to the location target, but just a Landing Page. Nonetheless, if the right geo-orientation of your web property takes a website, then let it be.

Best,
Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Any examples you can provide of the content on the landing page? I just don't want to sound cheesy and duplicate content but change city name...

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Carlos,

For Chicago, you don't need to create whole website for setup another campaign for Chicago. I will recommend to create landing page for Chicago and you can write a content related to that city. If your business presence is there then this will be beneficial for you in terms of your Brand reliability.

Regarding Content : - You need to write content related to you service in Chicago and you can include the USP's, Offers and List of your services which you are providing differently from the New York. You don't need to write too much content on your landing page. You can use use some attractive punch line, USP's , Offers and Services..

I hope this will help you.

Thanks,
Anand