AdWords
5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How Many Re-Marketing Campaigns are enough or too much?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Pros,

I am in the automotive retail industry and handle numerous dealership accounts. It seems lately they all went to the same "marketing seminar" and upon returning have concluded that they need more re-marketing campaigns. How many is too many? I believe that if there are too many re-marketing campaigns targeting visitors that it will only work against each other. What is your strategy?

ie:

Make/Model - Re-marketing to all visitors on new and used inventory

Monthly OEM - targeting all visitors

Dealer rater/Reputation - targeting visitors with high time on site or page views

Am I wrong by thinking that they technically target the same audiences at some point?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author David W
March 2016

Re: How Many Re-Marketing Campaigns are enough or too much?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @David W;

As you mentioned, "it seems lately they all went to the same "marketing seminar" and upon returning have concluded that they need more re-marketing campaigns.". And, at the same time they forget to focus on the MAIN marketing campaign. Smiley Surprised

This is a remarketing  campaign. The goal is to attract the user during the main campaign - not to wait for remarketing. The remarketing is  the second round  for the residual traffic.

How much you put into remarketing depends on the budget you can allocate. My rule of thumb: the RM should not exceed 15%-20% of the overall budget.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@David W

are you talking about different remarketing campaigns for the same client?

if so, you can create each type in a different ad group, and then set a frequency cap on the campaign level so that you're not overdoing it in respect to exposure to the same prospect. You can also use custom combinations to filter people on one list from another list... just make sure you have a good reason for doing so.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Yes, same client has requested many re-marketing campaigns. I dont think they have a full understanding of re-marketing. However, I have been seeing this more and more.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author David W
March 2016

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @David W;

As you mentioned, "it seems lately they all went to the same "marketing seminar" and upon returning have concluded that they need more re-marketing campaigns.". And, at the same time they forget to focus on the MAIN marketing campaign. Smiley Surprised

This is a remarketing  campaign. The goal is to attract the user during the main campaign - not to wait for remarketing. The remarketing is  the second round  for the residual traffic.

How much you put into remarketing depends on the budget you can allocate. My rule of thumb: the RM should not exceed 15%-20% of the overall budget.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’