AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3K members online now
3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How Google calculate the Ad quality for the first time ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ad Quality Score is based on three things

1) CTR (Historical CTR performance is considerable for ad quality score)

2) Relevance (Keywords in a ad group, relevance of ad group and matched search queries and your account performance in geographical region where ad will be shown)

3) Landing Page (Load time, relevance, ease of finding contact and easy to navigate)

It seems majorly Google depend on previous data.

How Google calculate the Ad quality for the first time and rank the Ad? 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
July 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Shahid,

Google used to give new accounts a QS of 6, even though they really didn't have one yet. Now they show a double dash

-- to indicate that no QS has been calculated yet.

If your account is brand new and they have no clues, like the performance of your site or ads in other campaigns, then Google will give so me sort of average QS temporarily (6 perhaps?) until your own has been calculated. Don't worry, you won't be given a non-competitive low QS when you are just beginning. 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
July 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Shahid,

Google used to give new accounts a QS of 6, even though they really didn't have one yet. Now they show a double dash

-- to indicate that no QS has been calculated yet.

If your account is brand new and they have no clues, like the performance of your site or ads in other campaigns, then Google will give so me sort of average QS temporarily (6 perhaps?) until your own has been calculated. Don't worry, you won't be given a non-competitive low QS when you are just beginning.