2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How Do I Setup Click-to-Call Tracking?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I've been approached by third party companies that provide a way to marry conversion tracking with toll free IVR numbers.. but they're expensive.

Is there a cheaper/free way of doing this?

Re: How Do I Setup Click-to-Call Tracking?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Taewoo,

Setting up Click to call conversion tracking code is little bit techical, but you need to insert the code only once. You can take help of web developer for this, kindly read the helpful article "Setting up conversion tracking" to know how you can set phone call tracking.

For click to call bidding you need to bid minimum of 1$ for per click and you can bid more as per your competition, kindly read Understanding CPP bidding (bid-per-call) to know about how cost per phone call works.

Dinesh
My Blog

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

thanks Dinesh

yes, i am familiar with html/JS.

but what I'm talking about ad campaigns where the number is DIRECTLY displayed/clicked on google.com... not on the landing page.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Taewoo,

For this can bid for phone calls at your ad group level, so if someone click on your ads you need to pay how much you bid for CPP instead of keyword bid.  If you'd like only your phone number to be clickable when your ad is show on mobile devices, you can select "Allow only clicks-to-call." For this go to Call extension at add call extension you can find the options. Kindly read these helpful articles for more information:

What are call extensions, and how do I implement them?

How do I show click-to-call phone numbers with my ads?

Dinesh
My Blog

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

so in that case, is click = conversion?

but what if the call never completes?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Taewoo,

You can check the call data at Dimension, select the Call Details, here you can see date, code, time duration etc for calls you received also at Segment select Click type, here you can get to know how many people clicked on the call extension using mobile devices.

Dinesh
My Blog