5.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How Do I Run A Banner Ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I haven't started a Google Adwords campaign yet. I want to run a banner ad on specific websites, but when I start with Google Adwords it only lets me create a text ad. Where do I go to upload images for a display campaign? 

2 Expert replyverified_user

How Do I Run A Banner Ad

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi @Samwise S,

To start with the banner ads, you need to opt campaign type as display network only or search network with display select type campaign.

Opting any of these campaign types, you will have the option to add image ads within the ads tab of an ad group.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

How Do I Run A Banner Ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Okay. Where is the option for this? I'm not seeing this on the "My first campaign" page. All I can do is uncheck the "Display network" box but I can't get rid of the "Search network" option, and below that there is only the option to create a text ad. I can't find anything that would let me change my campaign type. Please help Smiley Sad

How Do I Run A Banner Ad

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

So you don't get Confused . Just create a new campaign and then Pick Display alone .

If you are still confused , let me know .  Cheers ! Hope it helps 

How Do I Run A Banner Ad

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Does anyone know where Google's help page for creating a display campaign is? It seems to be strangely not easily found in search results.

How Do I Run A Banner Ad

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

How Do I Run A Banner Ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

All right. So I just have to make a basic text campaign first before I can go in and create a new campaign right? I have just created my account and the first thing it lets me do is just a text campaign with Display Network selected. So I'm assuming once I put this out there I'll be able to go in and change the campaign type later?

How Do I Run A Banner Ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Did anyone ever reply? How can this be so complicated? Too late to call google... guese i'll try them tomorrow.. wasting a lot of time on this very complex process!