AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How Can You Push Audiences From The UI To The Editor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I create all of my audiences through the AdWords UI and often times I would like to apply these across the entire account, which I do so using the Editor. I usually have to wait about 12 hours before I can pull a "recent changes" in the editor that will acknowledge the change and retreive the audience. Is there any way to do this so that I can use the newly created audience in the Editor much sooner? 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: How Can You Push Audiences From The UI To The Editor

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
You can do Get Recent Changes > More data (slower) - this should pick up any changes immediately, as soon as they are made.

The "slower" option works by re-downloading the whole account, and figuring out any differences between the new data coming from the server and the data stored locally (from previous download or sync). The "download whole account" part is, of course, what makes it slow, especially for very large accounts.

The "faster" option downloads only those parts of the account that have actually changed. That works based on change history: in the online interface, see Tools > Change History - as soon as the change appears there, it should also be picked up by Get Recent Changes > Basic (faster). It is normal for change history to be about 5 minutes behind; occasionally, it could be up to 2 hours behind.

I believe there was one day last week when change history had a huge backlog - some kind of server issue, I don't really know the details. But that should be a very rare exception - a delay of 12 hours is not normal. Do you experience such delays with some regularity?

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
You can do Get Recent Changes > More data (slower) - this should pick up any changes immediately, as soon as they are made.

The "slower" option works by re-downloading the whole account, and figuring out any differences between the new data coming from the server and the data stored locally (from previous download or sync). The "download whole account" part is, of course, what makes it slow, especially for very large accounts.

The "faster" option downloads only those parts of the account that have actually changed. That works based on change history: in the online interface, see Tools > Change History - as soon as the change appears there, it should also be picked up by Get Recent Changes > Basic (faster). It is normal for change history to be about 5 minutes behind; occasionally, it could be up to 2 hours behind.

I believe there was one day last week when change history had a huge backlog - some kind of server issue, I don't really know the details. But that should be a very rare exception - a delay of 12 hours is not normal. Do you experience such delays with some regularity?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thank you very much. This is going to be extremely helpful in the future.