AdWords
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Hover to play no longer available or I need to enable them?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I wanted to create " Hover to play" ads for my campaign but I don't see that option in my engagement campaigns. Only options are " Lightbox with multiple videos"  , "Lightbox with video and image gallery"  and ""Google+ content..." . After reading some posts here , I am a bit confused. 

Have they removed " Hover to play" or I just need to ask my acc manager to enable that option?

Thanks in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Juris O
September 2015

Re: Hover to play no longer available or I need to enable them?

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Juris,

As part of an effort to simplify and strengthen our product offering, we will be upgrading our 1-Video, Hover to Play and 3-Video Engagement Ads. Depending on your goal, we have two recommended solutions to replace these products:  

• If you are looking to amplify reach of a specific video, we recommend TrueView In-Display, which enables you to scale your video across both YouTube and the GDN. TrueView is our best solution for driving video views since it enables you to optimize specifically for views and only pay when someone chooses to interact.
  • If your goal is to drive deep engagement through a rich, brand experience and only pay when users choose to interact, we recommend migrating your campaign to our other Engagement Ad offerings. Unlike our existing offerings, our new Engagement Ads are fully cross screen, require fewer assets and can be implemented in less than 5 minutes in AdWords.

Kathleen

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Juris O
September 2015

Re: Hover to play no longer available or I need to enable them?

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Juris,

As part of an effort to simplify and strengthen our product offering, we will be upgrading our 1-Video, Hover to Play and 3-Video Engagement Ads. Depending on your goal, we have two recommended solutions to replace these products:  

• If you are looking to amplify reach of a specific video, we recommend TrueView In-Display, which enables you to scale your video across both YouTube and the GDN. TrueView is our best solution for driving video views since it enables you to optimize specifically for views and only pay when someone chooses to interact.
  • If your goal is to drive deep engagement through a rich, brand experience and only pay when users choose to interact, we recommend migrating your campaign to our other Engagement Ad offerings. Unlike our existing offerings, our new Engagement Ads are fully cross screen, require fewer assets and can be implemented in less than 5 minutes in AdWords.

Kathleen