3.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Holiday Rentals in Cotswolds

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I wantnt to start a campaign to promote houses and apartments for holiday rental in Cheltenham. Also we will be doing venue hire for receptions, private dining, corporate hospitality venue?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Holiday Rentals in Cotswolds

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Barry,

Excited to hear that you're wanting to use AdWords to advertise your business!

In getting started, I'd recommend taking a look at this resource (https://support.google.com/adwords/topic/3119071?hl=en&ref_topic=3181080) to learn the basics of campaign set-up. Also, feel free to post additional questions you have on the Community as they arise.

Based on what you shared, it sounds like you could create one campaign and have distinct ad groups for the different parts of your business (i.e. holiday rentals, venue hire, etc.). The link about talks about how to create new ad groups.

Hope you find that helpful!

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Barry, welcome to the Community.

I'd like to start by shattering your illusions.  Well, fogging them a little perhaps.  Promotion of accommodation through AdWords can be very tough.  It's not impossible, in fact it's possible for it to work very well indeed, but to succeed you're going to need to get some key elements in place, preferably before you spend a single penny.

1.  Conversion tracking.  You must have a way to track which bookings come through AdWords.  Conversion tracking is important for any business but it's particularly so where the margins can be very tight.  How you track your bookings will depend primarily upon your booking system but I cannot stress strongly enough how important this aspect is.  It's so important I'd go as far as to say you shouldn't advertise until you are certain your tracking is in place and working.

2.  Be focused.  It's very easy to use Keywords that are too broad and which cost too much on irrelevant searches.  On Search-based Campaigns be specific; not just about location but about the style of the accommodation and the cost.  Don't pay for clicks from people looking for a cheap B&B if your rooms start at £200 a night (and vice-versa).

3.  Be inventive.  Accommodation is probably one of the few "markets" where both Search and Display networks can be effective, particularly if you target the right sites for the Display network.  But the Display network will need a well-produced image Ad to work well for cottages & hotels so be prepared to have these produced and ready to fire from day 1.

4.  Remarket.  Make sure that if people visit your site and don't book that you don't let them get away easily. Most people won't book the first place they see so make sure you stay in their minds while they're still searching.

5.  Make sure of your site.  The biggest risk of failure lies with your website.  The best advertising in the world won't deliver results if your website doesn't deliver on the promises made.  Make sure it's clear and easy to use, easy to book and payment friendly.  Make sure it works on tablets and mobile phones - people may be planning holidays or breaks with their girlfriends or mates down the pub or in a restaurant.

6.  Publish prices.  You'll find your most effective Ads are those that display a real price but make sure it's a price that can be realistically delivered.  AdWords has some cool tools for keeping Ads bang up to date with things like prices but they're not simple to implement.

Ask!  Now that you've found us, stay with us.  Come back and tell us what you're doing and how you're getting on.  Use this Community as a resource.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
This 2013 thread has been closed to new replies.