Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Hierarchy of Adwords Account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I am new to Adwords and I want to be sure I understand how all the various "accounts" sit with each other.  The word account is used so much that at times i have become quite confused.

Below is what I have pieced together from all the reading of where an Adwords Account sits in the hierarchy.  I would be really grateful if someone with a lot more experience and knowledge could advise if I'm on the right track or where I might be wrong.

1. Google Account – need to have one to have an Adwords Account
  2. Adwords Manager Account (MCC) – not necessary but can be used to manage mulitiple account. MCC accounts can go up to could be 6 levels.
  3. Adwords Account – this is associated with your Google Account (unique email address is associated with your Google account). You can associate up to 5 AdWords accounts (including manager accounts) to this Google account/unique email address.

Thanks

MQ

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
May

Re: Hierarchy of Adwords Account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Michael,

You have it all correct. 

A Google account can be created with a Gmail email account or any other email account. And a Google account is required to use any Google product or service that requires logging in. 

A individual AdWords account is used to advertise one business... and a AdWords Manager Account is used to mange more than one (or one) individual AdWords account. The AdWords Manager Account (old name My Client Center/MCC) makes it easy to operate multiple AdWords account by having one login. As a advertising agency I would hate to not have the AdWords Manager Account in use. We jump between accounts quite often (many times per day). The AdWords Manager Account also facilitates sharing of resources between individual AdWords Accounts. 

These are helpful to read:

Hope this helps.

All the Best,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks James - greatly appreciate you taking the time to clarify for me.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Very welcome!

Cheers,

James