Guide Me
star_border

Hide address and phone number

SM
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
SM
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm advertising my book via adwords, and don't want my address and phone number included in the advertisement -- I only want the URL for purchasing the book listed. I have searched through help topics and have seen it mentioned that I can hide this information (and I've seen other authors do it), but other than it only takes a few clicks of a mouse, I can't find specific information on how to do this.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Hide address and phone number

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

First of all, do you have an adwords account, or an adwords express account? Express is tied to your places account, and "hiding" the address may not be possible.

If this is just a standard adwords account, and you don't want to show a location extension with your ad, you could delete the location extension.

In your campaign tab, make sure you have your ad extensions tab enabled. Click on the ad extensions tab, then click view: location extensions. Check on the box next to ad extension, then click delete. That should remove any location extension, and address which may show with the ad.

Expand the edit location extension section, and you should find what you're looking for.

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2404182

Tom Hale jr.

http://www.thomascreekconcepts.com/

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you! I had searched for ages until I found this, and in 5 min removed my home address.

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
This 2012 thread has been closed to new replies.

If anyone has a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question or comment.

This will help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

Thanks!