AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Hi - can a display ad have more than one link in it?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm looking at creating a display ad that has image mapped links to different parts of my website. Is this possible within the Google Display Network? 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author AdPro
September 2015

Re: Hi - can a display ad have more than one link in it?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi AdPro,

As Pete mentioned, you cannot build them into your own ads in the way you want but there may be another way to do what you want.

The display ad builder lets you choose product showcase ads which can have 3-4 "products" listed which link to individual pages within your site.

You may be able to use this style of display ad to achieve what you want?

To use the display ad builder click on new ads from the ads tab and select display ad builder, then select product showcase style ads to see the styles that are currently available.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

HiAdPro,

That's not going to be possible. You can't upload any HTML with your image, so you can't define the map on the client side. The images and links are not implemented in a way that would allow you to use a server-side map either.

What you might look at is sitelinks. These are text links that may appear with your DN ad. From  Enhance your ad using extensions

"This extra information, called ad extensions, will appear with your ad on Google.com, and in some cases across the Google Display Network. Including an ad extension with your ads is free, although you are still charged for a click on your ad.*"

The examples all show text ads. I'm really not sure whether sitelinks show with image ads. Maybe someone will jump in here and answer that question.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author AdPro
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi AdPro,

As Pete mentioned, you cannot build them into your own ads in the way you want but there may be another way to do what you want.

The display ad builder lets you choose product showcase ads which can have 3-4 "products" listed which link to individual pages within your site.

You may be able to use this style of display ad to achieve what you want?

To use the display ad builder click on new ads from the ads tab and select display ad builder, then select product showcase style ads to see the styles that are currently available.

Thanks for your help, Pete. I thought that may be the case.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your help, Pete. I thought that may be the case. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Righto. Will do. Thanks.