AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Hi,When I click on my ad it directs me to the wrong website. Right one is www.frenchforafrica.com

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

When I click on my ad it directs me to the wrong website.  My website is www.frenchforafrica.com and not frenchforafrica.com  I tried to fix it, but it still takes me to the wrong website.
Can you help please?
Saranie Harvey
(+27) 82 771 5466
2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Hi,When I click on my ad it directs me to the wrong website. Right one is www.frenchforafrica.c

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Saranie,

Welcome to the Forum!

Just to understand, you've tried to updated your ads destination URL to include 'www.', but AdWords is automatically updating to a non 'www.', which is the wrong website?

Thanks,

BI

Re: Hi,When I click on my ad it directs me to the wrong website. Right one is www.frenchforafrica.c

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Saranie,

Make sure that your ads have the www. version as the destination url - note - this is not the display url - you'll need to click on the edit icon to see the destination url....

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Saranie,

You may actually want your server setup like this, but it looks like a mistake to me. Normally, www.frenchforafrica.com and frenchforafrica.com would point to the same web site. In your case, both use the same IP address.

If your server has only one web site served by this IP address, just turn off the

If you have other web sites on the same sever with the same IP address you will want to implement a 301 redirect for the non-www domain to the www domain. This is simple to do with IIS.

Refer to this article: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc753195%28v=ws.10%29.aspx

Create a site for frenchforafrica.com then follow the instructions on that page. Also add a host header for the www.frenchforafrica.com. All this is most likely to already be in place. So, go into the frenchforafrica.com site,  find where is says "Home Directory", then select the option "a redirection to a URL", enter http://www.frenchforafrica.com as the redirect to. Do not check the box where it says the exact URL entered above. Click "Apply", then OK. Things might look a bit different in IIS7, I'm still using IIS6.

When you are all done with this, enter frenchforafrica.com in the address bar of your browser and navigate to the site. If you've done it correctly, the www site URL should show in the address bar now.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords