AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Hi, I would like to create 2 different campaigns. 1 is for CPL and 2nd is for CPC. How to create it?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I would like to create 2 different campaigns. 1 is for CPL and 2nd is for CPC. So what steps should i take?

like do i need to create different keyword list and ads for both campaign or can i run same? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Hi, I would like to create 2 different campaigns. 1 is for CPL and 2nd is for CPC. How to create

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Chandresh,

Welcome to the community.

CPL doesn't actually exist on AdWords so I imagine you are best looking at CPA (cost per acquisition) instead. There will be a conflict if you run the same keyword lists against one another between the two campaigns so these need to be different. At the same time you have to take into consideration that a keyword list on one of the campaigns might bring in more / better leads than the keyword list on the other campaign which could influence your opinion on which campaign is performing best.

I would personally run one bidding method for now over a period of time and analyse it's performance. You can then pause that campaign if you wish and run the alternative bidding method for the same period of time and them compare results to make an ultimate decision on which to run full time.

There is a good thread here which is relevant to your question and I also created an article about CPA.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.