AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Hi, How do I put our phone number in our add for the customers to click on from their mobile

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I'd like to our phone number in our ads for the customers to click on from their mobile devices. Does anyone know how to do that?

Heidi, Copenhagen

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ita (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Hi, How do I put our phone number in our add for the customers to click on from their mobile

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
hi,

yes indeed all three ways are good to add mobile number in the ad.

in your case, wherein you want users to call directly from a mobile device the 3rd option i.e. adding the contact number in call extensions should be the ideal solution.

over time it should also provide the performance data.

aditya

View solution in original post

Re: Hi, How do I put our phone number in our add for the customers to click on from their mobile

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Heidi, there are actually 3 ways to get a phone number into your Ads:

1.  Physically include the number in your Ad creative copy.  It's simple but it's basic and it uses up those precious characters.  Plus it's not a "Click to Call".

2.  Set up a Google Places account for your business and make sure the two accounts (Adwords and Places) are linked.  When appropriate, location information (including your phone number) will be shown.

3.  Set up a Call Extension.  This shows your phone number separately from your Ad (so you don't lose those characters).

I'd say option 3 is probably the best for just a phone number, but if you have a physical store, it's good to use Places as well.  Read more about Call Extensions:

Call Extensions

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ita (Google Employee)
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
hi,

yes indeed all three ways are good to add mobile number in the ad.

in your case, wherein you want users to call directly from a mobile device the 3rd option i.e. adding the contact number in call extensions should be the ideal solution.

over time it should also provide the performance data.

aditya

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks, aditya, but I have a further question:

The ads my client created have the phone number in them, and on my 'Driod, it is clickable. 

Does that click show up as a click on the ad?  Is there a way to distinguish calls vs. ad clicks?

Thanks!

Phil