5.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Hey i have a question about keyword variation... details inside

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey my question is if i have keywords like: Hat women and women hat, what the best option to do? should i target each keyword in separate page? is this something that is good to do?

actually i thought about target keyword each page, is that a good idea? 

And another question is if i have: Hats women and Hat women is that consider same?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gal M
July 2016

Re: Hey i have a question about keyword variation... details inside

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Yes, you can put them on 2 separate pages, but use Phrase match. It will not harm your campaign.

Regards,
Ujjwal

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Gal,
You can target both keywords Hat women & women hat on same page, these are similar keywords, so no issue in targetting single page.
Also,You don't need to add Hats women and Hat women as separate keywords. These are close variations and Google automatically shows ad for close variations of keywords.

For better understanding on keyword match types, go through this link: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497836?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
OK thanks for the answer, but if i want to be more specific isn't it better to put keyword each page? can it harm my score, my campaign?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Gal,

You don't need to worry about close variation keywords. your ads may show on searches that contain the modified term (or close variations, but not synonyms), in any order.

I will recommend to read this help article - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497836?hl=en&vid=1-635799711086545663-2931972514

Close.png

Q. should i target each keyword in separate page? is this something that is good to do?

Ans:- I will recommend to create ad groups similar theme of the keywords and use your landing page accordingly in the text ads.

I hope this will help you.

Thanks,

Anand

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
If you use same keywords with same match type in different ad groups then they will compete with each other. In this way, your CPC will go high and it will also hurt your quality score.
If you want to be more specific, then use phrase match type instead of broad match type.
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2756257?hl=en-GB&topic=1713958&ctx=topic&path=1713917-1713...

Regards,
Ujjwal.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
ok but now my question is if its ok to put them in 2 separate pages(because i want to give it a try)? can it harm my campaign?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gal M
July 2016

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Yes, you can put them on 2 separate pages, but use Phrase match. It will not harm your campaign.

Regards,
Ujjwal

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thank you so much Smiley Happy