AdWords
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Hey guys,Can I archive my files and reupload the CSV's with Editor?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey guys,

I am very new to working with Adwords, interninig for a company and had never heard of PPC before. Now I have intensively been busy with the topic of PPC for the past seven to eight weeks and the planning is to get our new campaigns online tomorrow. The company I work for is a startup so much experience is lacking. From previous campaigns, data is still available in Google Adwords as well as in Editor that I installed. I downloaded all the old campaigns in CSV formats to my computer to store the data.

My basic questions are:
1) Is it possible to delete the old/paused campaigns, to, let's say, start with a "clean slate" again?
2) Would it later be possible to reupload the earlier downloaded old/paused campaigns into AdWords?

I hope my questions are clear to you, I have been looking for the answer before I decided to post this but read too much text, tips and explanations instead of a clear "Yes, that is possible because..." or a ''No, that is not possible because...".

Therefore, any clear information would be highly appreciated!

Thank you in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Joris S
September 2015

Re: Hey guys,Can I archive my files and reupload the CSV's with Editor

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello, Joris.

If you plan to reuse your old campaigns at any time in the future (or at least part of them), I recommend pausing them, and setting the interface to only show active campaigns.

Deletion, in Adwords, is never is actual deletion (in the way a deletion of a file, for instance, makes it dissappear). It is simply a flag associated with an adwords element. Even deleted items can be viewed if you enable deleted items in the interface.

By just pausing instead of deleting you can reenable parts of your old campaigns at some point in the future. But a deleted ad cannot be recovered, you'll have to create a copy of it. Which will not preserve its past history, even if it is identical text-wise.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Joris S
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello, Joris.

If you plan to reuse your old campaigns at any time in the future (or at least part of them), I recommend pausing them, and setting the interface to only show active campaigns.

Deletion, in Adwords, is never is actual deletion (in the way a deletion of a file, for instance, makes it dissappear). It is simply a flag associated with an adwords element. Even deleted items can be viewed if you enable deleted items in the interface.

By just pausing instead of deleting you can reenable parts of your old campaigns at some point in the future. But a deleted ad cannot be recovered, you'll have to create a copy of it. Which will not preserve its past history, even if it is identical text-wise.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you so much for your swift reply, Calin. I find your post very helpful. Thank you once again!