AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Helping hand in creating a product feed for Google Merchant Center?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Im trying to create a feed from the products already listed on my website to add to Google Merchant Center. Im having a lot of difficulty editing the feed to amend the errors. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Helping hand in creating a product feed for Google Merchant Center

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Simon, the Product Feed can be tricky to set up.  Are you using the default spreadsheet template?  Can you share the errors being reported?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Jon, I am using the Big Commerce platform for my web-store. I can export my feed as an .xml file but when I upload I am getting these errors:

http://screencast.com/t/ANMHZrKnieE

Im unsure firstly what the errors are and secondly, how will I edit the .xml file to amend the errors?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Simon B,

For the first error, you can set the shipping option for each countryyou are targeting within the Merchant account. Then you won't need to provide that info for each item in your feed.

Next, you must supply GTIN ( a global identifier) or and MPN (manufacturer's part number if you manufacture the items yourself. This is so they can pull up the same product from several retailers. See this page:
https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/160161?hl=en-AU

The last error is related to the second one.

How you go about fixing this with Big Commerce, I really don't know.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Sir Use Default spread sheet from merchant center..Add Attributes according to your business...then upload it.....it very user friendly...GTN & Mtn are recommended but not compulsory..