Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Help with Manager account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I want to set up a budget account in my work's Adwords account, to which I use my work email address to sign in, but reading on how to do so I found out that I need to have a manager account. Why can my work email address be the manager account? Why do I need to create a whole new Adwords account for it to be the manager account? 

And even so, I created a new Adwords account with my personal email address in order for it to be a manager account, but it asks me for my company's name and my credit card. I'm guessing it's asking me for my own company's name and not the name of the company I work for, but I have no company of my own and I certainly don't want to be charge for my work's Adwords account. They already have their own Adwords account for which they pay. So I'm very confused regarding the whole manager account. How am I supposed to access all these features/services only available to a manager account if it's so complicated to set up one. If possible I would really just like to use my work email address to manage my work's Adwords account, I see no point in using my personal email address to manage my work's Adwords account.

Please help! Thanks so much for taking the time to read this.

Jacqueline.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
June

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

A "manager account" is a Google My Client Center account. MCC's allow managers of multiple accounts to access them all under one login.

All you need to do is have someone with administrative access to the company AdWords account give your work gmail account access to the existing account.

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thanks for clarifying.

to open new account or give some one access a google / gmail account is neccessary? or it can be any other / company email address

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

I do believe a gmail account has to be the admin of the AdWords account. Things have changed over the years... I could be wrong.

You can add users through a non-gmail account, but I don't have any clients whose admin is not a gmail account. You can create the account through your MCC, then see if you can invite a company email user as an admin, and see if it works. 

Tom