AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Help with Keywords Planner

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all

I am using Keyword Planner in order to see the monthly searches for a specific keyword.

Let me first put forward that I went to Google search engine first and wrote the following words, one by one:

doctors (google of course suggested some additional words)

who (again, google tried to complete the phrase)

remove (more suggestions from google)

si.....

and with this simple last syllable, Google suggested "doctors who remove silicone injections" which was exactly what I was looking for.

Then, I went to the Keyword Planner tool and entered the sentence "doctors who remove silicone injections" into the field used to get the Search Volume and this is the result I obtained:

We can't display search volume charts because your keywords don't have any searches

So I am puzzled because if google suggested the keyphrase it means that somebody has already searched it. Why then the Keyword Planner says that no searches exist for that keyword?

Please help in make me understanding how this business work.

Hope I have described clearly the issue.

Thanks in advance 

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Illogic M
January 2016

Re: Help with Keywords Planner

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Illogic M,

Google Instant Search predicts the search phrase based on your past searches, when you have logged in. It tries to complete the word based on your searches.

On the other hand, when you are saying when you type "doctors who remove silicone injections" in Keywords planner, you are getting a message
"We can't display search volume charts because your keywords don't have any searches."

Because, "doctors who remove silicone injections" is longtail keywords and people rarely search these terms.

And one Important thing is that Keywords planner shows the result of Google paid searches and in exact match.
That's why the term "doctors who remove silicone injections" does not have enough data to display in keywords planner.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Illogic M,

You may be correct here. I found this:

"You might also see predictions from:

Relevant searches you’ve done in the past (if you’re signed in and have Web & App Activity turned on)
Google+ profiles that match the name of a person you’re searching for

Apart from the Google+ profiles that may appear, all of the predictions shown in the drop-down list have been typed before by Google users or appear on the web.

For certain searches, Google will show separate predictions for just the last few words."

Those seem to be conflicting statements. But, if you are logged into Google, it can pre-fill a query you have executed in the past. I'd suggest you try the same search in an incognito mode and see if you get the same results.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Illogic M
January 2016

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Illogic M,

Google Instant Search predicts the search phrase based on your past searches, when you have logged in. It tries to complete the word based on your searches.

On the other hand, when you are saying when you type "doctors who remove silicone injections" in Keywords planner, you are getting a message
"We can't display search volume charts because your keywords don't have any searches."

Because, "doctors who remove silicone injections" is longtail keywords and people rarely search these terms.

And one Important thing is that Keywords planner shows the result of Google paid searches and in exact match.
That's why the term "doctors who remove silicone injections" does not have enough data to display in keywords planner.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Dear Pete
I appreciate very much your help. Indeed my search was done using a private window of Firefox.
Rgds

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Rakesh for your help. The search I did was done on a private tab of Firefox but the fact you mention that Keywords planner only shows the result of Google paid searches and in exact match, is enlightening and explain the fact satisfactorily.
Rgds