AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Help screen & login screen doesn't load and the e-mail I received is a 'no-reply' e-mail!!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

All I want is for the login screen to load and tio be able to respond to Google's 'welcome' email with my query. Perhaps someone else can answer me as it seems impossible to get Google to. I have shown a screen message that shows some sort of error which I cannot clear and so can't access anything. Everytime I log out and back in or refresh it's the same. Nothing clears it.

"There was an error with your operation. If you were trying to make a change, it may not have saved.

Please refresh this page to try again.

If the error continues, log out of your AdWords account, then log in again and return to this page.

[ Dismiss ]"
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Help screen & login screen doesn't load and the e-mail I received is a 'no-reply' e-mail!!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Graham59,

Did you happen to create your AdWords account with a different email address than you use on other Google sites (G+, YouTube, etc)? If you did, that's probably what is causing this. In order to log in to AdWords with a different account, you need to log out of all those other services, even if you don't have any tabs open for those services. Go to each one of the Google site that you use or have used with a login.If your username shows up without you entering it and your password, you are still logged in from a previous session. Log out! (Googleese: sign out).

Most if not all set a login cookie. With the new unified login to all Google services, any one of those service cookies will attempt to log you in when you access AdWords. I hope this helps.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Re: Help screen & login screen doesn't load and the e-mail I received is a 'no-reply' e-mail!!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pete

I only ever use one e-mail address. I have signed out of absolutely everything and then attempted to sign into adwords. I immediately get the same message. There is a message at the top of the page about connectivity problems and trying to re-establish connectivity. However my PC is not experiencing any connectivity problems with any other program/internet etc. As this is the only site that comes up with this statement my conclusion is that the problem lies with Google not my network connection. I have looked at cookies, network settings and many other settings and can find nothing to explain the message I get. Even the Google help screen won't load from there which again points to the problem being with Google. I shall probably have to phone them as there doesn't seem to be any way I can simply e-mail them (without going via the helpscreen which I cannot access). Even the initial e-mail I got from them will not accept a reply as it is a 'no-reply' type message. This seems to be Google in their most unhelpful way I'm afraid.

Thanks for your message and attempt to get me up and running.

Regards

Graham