AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Help file with all the options available only at campaign level ?

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all,

I am trying to convince someone why is it better to split an account in campaigns instead of ad groups.

Is there a table of all the options that are available at campaign level and not at ad group level , besides daily cost control and access to the dimensions tab ? [Later edit] And the obvious language and location targeting. A simple tabel with two columns and many rows would be great.  [/Later edit]

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Help file with all the options available only at campaign level ?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
You must be aware of Enhanced Campaign which included so many features that gives control to manage bids, targeting and ad scheduling at adgroup level.

I think there is no harm to go with adgroups if you are targeting small industry. I tried to find campaign vs adgroups feature information in tabular form but it is not containing latest information after Google introduced enhanced campaign.

Hope it will help !

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes , thank you , I am aware of the options at ad group level, however for someone trying to sell something world-wide, it would be helpful to decide if he splits countries in campaigns or ad groups and why.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Adrian,

As per your requirement hope this table would help you.

1. Also you can explain that if a certain geography is performing good, thus you need to make it a campaign to try all the settings given below to improve performance.

2. You can ask to segregate competitor adgroups to campaigns, to include more and more competitor themes, based on call to actions, network settings, device settings.

3. You can segregate remarketing campaigns to get more results based on device performance, geography performance, adscheduling an also bid strategies.

CampaignsAdgroup
BudgetsCPC/CPA
GeographyAll Settings From Campaigns
Network Settings 
Search 
Search + Partners 
Content 
Placement 
Display 
Device Settings 
Laptops/Desktops 
Mobile 
Ipads/Tabs 
Ad Formats 
Text 
Video 
WAP 
Ad Extensions 
Sitelinks 
Call Extensions 
Local Extensions 
Address 
Enhanced Campaigns 
Remarketing 
Ad Scheduling 
Ad Delivery 
Ad Rotation 
Bid Strategy 
Manual 
Automatic 
Conversion Optimizer 
Enhanced CPC 
Keyword Matching Options 
IP Exclusions

Hope the above table might have helped you. I tried to include all that would be important. You can add more suggestions based on reporting tools. Decision making at campaign level is better compared to adgroup level.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Adrian,

I have no table for you. There are really 2 reasons to split by campaign rather than by AdGroup.

The most important, for me anyway, is budget control. The budget of a campaign will be used by all adGroups within the campaign. That does not give the advertiser to set a higher budget for high ticket or fast selling products as compared to low ticket or slow selling products.

Next is geo-targeting, available at the campaign level. This allows you to set different budgets and CPC bids based on country or region. If you're selling a lot in UK, you may want to increase the budget or bid. If you're not selling well in Australia, you may want to decrease that budget.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Chetan,

Nice tabular information but if you explore enhance campaign, you can target country at adgroup level, even you can manage budget too.

There are lot more enhanced features included which are not included in this table.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Yes true. But more than that the question here demands what you can do at campaign level as compared to adgroups. Adrian wants to convince the party to go campaign level. This tabular information would help his party understand the importance of campaigns.

I think if an account has to grow, it would grow at campaign level. I have seen adgroups becoming campaigns and spending 10times more than what they were spending as adgroups. Its my experience since 2004.

What is yours Jignesh? Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Chetan.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
I respect your experience Chetan and i do agree with your suggestion but here i will not stick to only one strategy.

It will change from client to client Smiley Happy

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

How can you target countries or limit the daily budget using ad groups ?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
In single campaign, you can do bid adjustment country-by-country. You can do with the help of enhanced campaign. See more details here:

http://adwords.blogspot.in/2013/03/enhanced-campaigns-improving-online-and.html