Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Help creating campaign

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I'm trying to create new campaign for windows mobile app developers/development page. When i am trying keywords in adwords tools it is not showing specific keywords for "windows mobile apps development". If there are any other keyword suggestion tools please tell me and any other help is appreciated.

Thanks and Regards.

John.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Help creating campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi John.
The reason for this is because the keyword tool wont give you any results that contain registered trademarks. You cannot use the word "Windows" in any of your keywords without permission from Microsoft. Try typing in "apple iphone" or similar keywords.

If you do a search on Google for "keyword tool" you'll find many other tools that pull their data from various sources. Unfortunately, you wont get it from Google I'm afraid.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi John.
The reason for this is because the keyword tool wont give you any results that contain registered trademarks. You cannot use the word "Windows" in any of your keywords without permission from Microsoft. Try typing in "apple iphone" or similar keywords.

If you do a search on Google for "keyword tool" you'll find many other tools that pull their data from various sources. Unfortunately, you wont get it from Google I'm afraid.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
hi dave,

Thank you for your reply. If i use that kind of keywords that means i'm breaking adwords policies. Right, then to be specific how can i run my campaigns on 'windows mobile app development'. If i put a keywords like mobile apps developers, mobile app development etc they are not specific/exact keywords . Is there any other way that i can run this campaign to reach out the exact audience who are looking for the same.

Thanks in advance.
John

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi John,
Actually no. You CAN bid on those keywords. You just cannot have the Trademark term in your ads.

Unfortunately, not having the KW in your ad can reduce your CTR and therefore reduce your quality score and therefore send your minimum CPCs up to unprofitable levels. It's Google's way of telling you that they don't want you bidding on those keywords.

You simply have to get creative in how you word your ads and target other keywords without the trademark in the term too.

You're not the only one with this problem. Think of all the people who sell iphone cases!