star_border

Help a beginner

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi. 

I may og may not have a problem.

I work at an advertising agency. 

My companys website is written in english but our google adwords campaign is in danish. 

And im pretty sure that our potentiel clients will use danish keywords. 

We have international clients so it makes sense to have a english website. 

Thoughts?

Marie-Louise 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Help a beginner

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
HI Marie-Louise,

If you're advertising to Danish speakers, I'd always bring them to a website in Danish, and the same for English speakers - bring English speaker to an English website.

You may notice a lot of bounced visits from users who see an ad in Danish and then find a site in English.

Ali

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hello, Marie Louise.

Aside from what Ali pointed out already, please take into account the fact that one component of a keyword's quality score is related to the landing page. When using Danish keywords and Danish ads, sending people off to an English page may hurt your quality score. Which means your Ad Rank will get hurt and in order to compensate for that, if you want your ad to show in a high position, you'll have to bid higher and spend more.

I'd also consider "localizing" the website and creating two sections, one Danish, targeted by Danish keywords and ads and another one English, with English keywords and ads.

Hope it helps.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for the answer.

Can i maybe use danish metatags on the website?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hey!

Danish meta tags wouldn't work since they aren't visible to users and don't count towards the landing page experience. There's really no way to "trick" the system, and even if you could have a high quality score Danish speakers landing on an English site just wouldn't work. If you clicked an ad in English and it took you to a site in Czech would you continue to engage with that site?

Ali

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

What meta-tags do you have in mind? The description should definitely be written in Danish and there should also be a language attribute set to Danish. The keywords meta tag, at least from Google's point of view, is useless, AFAIK.

Please note that all of the above refers to the future Danish section of the website. Not the English one.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.