Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Help:Analytics Goals in adwords

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello All,

I have analytics installed in my website and in my adwords account i linked it up with analytics.After importing goals from analytics to adwords account,It is showing no recent conversions.

Is it all right?

I have not started my campaign yet.

I have imported goals just now.

Another question is after goal import in which column i will see the analytics goals in adwords?

When i am going to set custom columns there is no google analytics option

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Soumik Ghosh,

If you have not started the AdWords campaign, you will not possibly have any goals that are being attributed to your AdWords campaign, there is nothing to import yet.

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

"When i am going to set custom columns there is no google analytics option"

I think what @PPCBossman said would still apply to the analytics columns. If there is no AdWords data to report, then those columns might not be available yet(?).

Tom

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Yes, sorry I skipped a few things here.  I'm with @tomhalejr.  The bi-directional AdWords/Analytics linking definitely needs to be set up and verified first and foremost.  Once that is set, you can import GA Goals and they will be included in your overall conversions columns in AdWords.  Also, your Google Analytics columns will become available (bounce rate, pages/session etc...) once you have the two platforms linked and data is passing back and forth correctly.

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

I have started the campaign yesterday and only got 8 impression total.In my adwords account i still see no anlytics column,in my analytics account i still not seeing any adwords specific data.All is empty.

my website is http://www.citychemical.com/

should i have to wait?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

My another question is after importing goals in adwords,how can i see which keywords or ads are contributing to the goals?Suppose I have imported 2 goals(goal A and goal B) in adwords then include both the two goals in conversion column in the time of importing.Now how can i see the two goals separately how many times each goal convert against each keywords?