AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Having trouble with choosing keywords for an ad.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have done some Adwords work before so I am not a complete noob but this particular ad is giving me some trouble.

So, the ad. I need to drive traffic to my survey landing page. I want to target people from all over the world and many industries. Mostly, I am interested in small businesses, blogger, freelancers and entrepreneurs that own a website. The survey will be asking a few questions about their website and some marketing stuff.

Since I want to target such a big group of people I dont know where to start with my keywords. If someone could give me a few suggestons to get me started it would be great!.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Having trouble with choosing keywords for an ad.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Dasickle,

Welcome!

Personally, I'm afraid you may be taking the wrong approach to this as I fear not many people will be searching the web to look for surverys to fill out.

This previous thread has some further opinions and also a potential solution for you via Moshe called Google Consumer Surveys that may be of interest to you.

Good Luck!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey Dasickle,

I would recommend you to do a "Display Network" campaign.

You can  target it to specific websites & forums that are for "smb business owners", you can also target the display campaign using general keywords such as: small businesses, freelancers, entrepreneurs....

Just make sure you AD explains about the survey - so you wont have a very low conversion rate.

Good luck,

Asaf

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

P.S.

You can find more information about the Google Display Network here:

http://www.google.com/ads/displaynetwork/getting-started/index.html

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Dasickle,

Welcome!

Personally, I'm afraid you may be taking the wrong approach to this as I fear not many people will be searching the web to look for surverys to fill out.

This previous thread has some further opinions and also a potential solution for you via Moshe called Google Consumer Surveys that may be of interest to you.

Good Luck!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Tom,

I considered  Google Consumer Surveys but my survey has a natural flow to it and uses logic algo. If I use GCS I can only ask one question after the pre qualification question.

I was also thinking of providing an insentive to people that fill out a survey.

--best

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What does G mean by "personally identifiable information". My survey asks people about seo and social marketing.