AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Having trouble with choosing keywords for an ad.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have done some Adwords work before so I am not a complete noob but this particular ad is giving me some trouble.

So, the ad. I need to drive traffic to my survey landing page. I want to target people from all over the world and many industries. Mostly, I am interested in small businesses, blogger, freelancers and entrepreneurs that own a website. The survey will be asking a few questions about their website and some marketing stuff.

Since I want to target such a big group of people I dont know where to start with my keywords. If someone could give me a few suggestons to get me started it would be great!.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Having trouble with choosing keywords for an ad.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Dasickle,

Welcome!

Personally, I'm afraid you may be taking the wrong approach to this as I fear not many people will be searching the web to look for surverys to fill out.

This previous thread has some further opinions and also a potential solution for you via Moshe called Google Consumer Surveys that may be of interest to you.

Good Luck!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey Dasickle,

I would recommend you to do a "Display Network" campaign.

You can  target it to specific websites & forums that are for "smb business owners", you can also target the display campaign using general keywords such as: small businesses, freelancers, entrepreneurs....

Just make sure you AD explains about the survey - so you wont have a very low conversion rate.

Good luck,

Asaf

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

P.S.

You can find more information about the Google Display Network here:

http://www.google.com/ads/displaynetwork/getting-started/index.html

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Dasickle,

Welcome!

Personally, I'm afraid you may be taking the wrong approach to this as I fear not many people will be searching the web to look for surverys to fill out.

This previous thread has some further opinions and also a potential solution for you via Moshe called Google Consumer Surveys that may be of interest to you.

Good Luck!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Tom,

I considered  Google Consumer Surveys but my survey has a natural flow to it and uses logic algo. If I use GCS I can only ask one question after the pre qualification question.

I was also thinking of providing an insentive to people that fill out a survey.

--best

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What does G mean by "personally identifiable information". My survey asks people about seo and social marketing.