Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Having problem with Product ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Community,

I have a question regarding the Product ads.

I am having a Google Base account, the products are added via third paty tool on daily basis and I am running ads for all the products.

But I know that some of the products are pretty cheap as per the competition and I am likely to get more conversions If i use them in my product ads campaign.

As the data feeds are created on daily basis, I can't add the adwords_label, Adwords_grouping in the fields.

So for the set of products which needs to be targeted, I created a new DataFeed in my Google Base acount with just 40 Products. These products are now live in my Merchant Center. But my problem is that, I am unable to select the data feed in the Auto Target tab of Adwords.

I have added the Adwords_Label and Adwords_Grouping in my datafeed, But when I edit the Auto Targets in my adwords and select the adwords_label for targeting, in the text field I just copy pasted the Label I have in my sheet. But when I click validate, it doesn't show any validation and gives error that it doesn't match any products in the Google Base.

How should I do my Products ads? I need to get them running in next 12 hrs as they are really important for my client.

Please send me your views and suggestions for this problem.

Thanks in advance

Daman

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Having problem with Product ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Daman,

You said, "As the data feeds are created on daily basis, I can't add the adwords_label, Adwords_grouping in the fields." Mind if I ask why not? That would be the best way to accomplish your goal.

Are the products in a different category? Can you create a category for them? That would be another way to go, although I have had real trouble with matching categories.

Oh, have the products in your "new" feed been approved for ads?

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Re: Having problem with Product ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Pete,

I am using the third party tool to create it on daily basis. I will surely check if I am having the option for this. But for this also, I have selected set to show on ads. I am not sure, if I have to add it manually for those products and they will stay when the feed is generated next day.

How to check if the new products are approved for ads?

I am getting this:

"Uploaded on Feb 20, 2013 6:12 am PST 
40 of 40 items inserted - Processed on Feb 20, 2013 6:12 am PST 
Destinations: Product Ads, Product Search, Search API for Shopping, Shopping
"

So it says in Destinations about the Product Ads. Am I looking it in a right way?

I am in serious trouble, Don't know how to fix this Smiley Sad

Please update me soon.

Thanks

Daman