AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Have some different questions about Adwords, can anyone help?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm a relatively new AdWords user, and these are questions I can not find answers to. So nice if someone can help me with it.

1. What tools do I have to work with  to control spend as well as allocating resources to the best performing keywords/campaigns? 
  2. What factors are likely to influence the CR? Why?
  3. What are the most important metrics according to you people?
  4. What is a branded conversion/ what is a non branded conversion?
  5. What factors determines the CPC?
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Have some different questions about Adwords, can anyone help?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

I will try to answer few as per my understanding:-

@Nadia A wrote:

1. What tools do I have to work with  to control spend as well as allocating resources to the best performing keywords/campaigns? 
  2. What factors are likely to influence the CR? Why?
  3. What are the most important metrics according to you people?
  4. What is a branded conversion/ what is a non branded conversion?
  5. What factors determines the CPC?

1. You might be interested in using automated rules or automated scripts to control your spend or pause certain keywords, ads when they meet a certain criteria. More details can be found here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472779?hl=en and here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/188712?hl=en

2. I guess you are talking about CTR here. It will depend upon what sort of keywords and match types are you using. The more restrictive the match type is, it is more likely to have higher CTR for that and vice versa. If you meant something else, please elaborate.

3. Search Terms are really the most important to look upon and then based on your search queries, you can fine tune your campaigns. That's what I feel.

4. As per my understanding if you are getting conversions on your Brand name being used as keyword, that can be considered as a Branded Conversion and rest would be Non Branded Conversions.

5. CPC is Cost per Click. It really depends upon how much the competition is and how well your ad is ranked in front of others.

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

Re: Have some different questions about Adwords, can anyone help?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Nadia,

Some decent answers by pankaj there. I will try and answer each of your questions as well with a bit more detail on some points.

1)Pankaj, pretty much got it spot on here, not much more to say. Either you work with automated cripts/rules or dig in and do the grunt work yourself, or get a professional/agency to do it for you.

2) When you say CR, I will assume conversion rate is what you are refering to and there are a large number of factors that influence this. In fact CRO (conversion rate optimsation) is a field all on its own in the PPC world. User experience on your landing page is a big one, ease of conversion point is another. Making sure that the traffic you are sending to your landing page is the correct targeted traffic (no point sending dog lovers to a cat landing page). I would highly suggest doing a fair amount of reading on CRO to understand what you are dealing with.

3) When you talk of metrics here, I assume you are referring to the actual numbers. CTR and C2E% (or CR) are big indicators for some. Branding campaigns tend to more look at impressions. Probably one of the biggest indicators of a healthy account (ecommerce specifically) is ROAS (return on ad spend) this is simply a ratio between the value of sales being brought in versus the amount spent on acquiring those sales. It all depends on what type of campaign you are running that determines what metrics are important to you.

4) Pankaj was spot on here, any conversion acquired through a brand specific keyword is considered a branded conversion and anything acquired through a non-brand term is considered a non-branded conversion.

5) CPC is based on the auction model designed by google.
Read about CPC here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6297?hl=en
Read about ad rank here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1752122?hl=en

Hope this helps