AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Have problem to set up my ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I can not find make a payment link under bill category within my adwords account, therefore, I can not pay add fund to have my ads displayed.Can you help?

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Avery
September 2015

Re: Have problem to set up my ads

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
If you want, post the URLs for site A and site B and someone in this community is likely to have feedback for you.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 11
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Avery

Having a very quick look at the two sites (and bare in mind I only speak English) the sites look identical to me.

If you want to send traffic through to both through PPC then I would recommend chagne the design of one of them (the worse performing site) hugely.

You will then need to reconsider your product offering and either chagne your pricing structure (if you have these?) or change the product listing. For example if site A sells product range 1, 2 and 3 then use B to sell 3, 4 and 5. There can be a small crossover with products but there needs to be a visible different in product range.

If you don't address the above then I'm fairly certain that Google will not allow you to advertise both sites.

I hope that helps.

Cheers

Kane

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Avery,

It seems to be a known issue with IE as per Google announcement here. Could you try using some different browser like Chrome or firefox and see if that helps or not.

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Okay,I have another question, I have a website A, which I am buying traffic with Google adwords to it with keyword C. Now I have another website B, since A and B are doing the same business, I wish to buy some traffic to site B with the keyword C as well. However, I can not display ads for both A and B at the same time with keyword C under one Adwords account.What should I do? Shall I open two adwords accounts, and make one for A with keyword C and another for B with keyword C? Can you help?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello  again,

Simple and straight forward answer would be NO. It's strictly against the advertising policies to create multiple accounts for the same business.

You could create different campaigns targeting website A and website B with different set of keywords because there is no fun advertising for same set of keywords with different domains as only one ad per search query is allowed to triger an ad from the account.

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Okay, maybe I was not quite clear, site A is something targating high-end customers, paid customers only, and site B is something targeting low-end customers, actual site B offers some free services. So, the content is much different, the domains are different, the ip addresses are the same, the domains' owners are the same and both A and B are date sites. Since you have policy out there, can I give site B to my sister, so she could open an Adwords account under her name to have site B promoted with the same keyword C in a legal and reasonable way?

One thing I just can not understand. When I Google "china date", I could read that ads to www.echinacities.com/friends/

and www.chineselovelinks.com are displayed. According to your policy these two ads are under two different Adwords Accounts. But how do you know that both sites are not owned by one company/individual behind?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Avery,

I am not sure if you have read the policy page which I linked or not. As per that policy, it says that:

The following criteria are generally not considered for exceptions:

• Different target audiences such as B2B, B2C, and gender
  • Different branding of websites. Websites advertising similar products with different branding will be reviewed against user experience criteria above
  • Business structure - e.g., different divisions within the same company or group

I think it says it all... 

Honestly speaking, the policy is very strict and as per my knowledge, your case is no exception.

You might find some advertisers violating this policy, but trust me they cannot get away easily and one day might find themselves with a permanent suspension forever with Google. Also if you feel like any ad is violating the Adwords policies which Google is not aware of, you can report that to them. See this for more details.

Lastly, I am not Google Smiley Happy. So, if you feel like, you might contact Adwords support for more clarification.

Pankaj

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Avery

In my experience Google keep an eye on this very closely. If they deem you to be in breach of the double serving (one company with more than one ad for the same terms) policy then they will 'link' your accounts so they treat them as one.

I have worked closely with Google before about this (my old company had a couple of brands) and we were told that there were three key elements;

1. Websites must look and feel very different.

2. Pricing must be different on the sites.

3. Products must be different on the sites.

It was my understanding that you need to adhere to at least two of the three (e.g. two very different looking sites with varying prices across the sites).

If you have the same products and prices with a different look and feel then this is not good enough and Google won't allow it.

With regards to a work around (giving site B to your sister) I wouldn't recommend doing this. It may work but it could be more hassle than it's worth. If Google find out that this has happened, and they probably  will, then they could permanently suspend your accounts for persistent breach of policy.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Kane

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Avery
September 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
If you want, post the URLs for site A and site B and someone in this community is likely to have feedback for you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The site A is http://goo.gl/iVkFH and site B is http://goo.gl/vAXIY .

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, can I register a company for my site, should I submit some papers to Google. The market is very big, so I still need to promote my websites.