1.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Hacked website and Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I plan to create Adwords campaign for my website. However my website shows up 'This site may be hacked message' upon search. We have fixed the issue and have resubmitted to Google for verification.

How would this hacked message affect the effectiveness of the Adwords? Would my site still feature in the Adwords results, if it complies with the other criteria of Bid, Quality and Extensions? 

Thanks.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
April 2017

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Aps R

In that case, wait for it to come up from the hacked status and then you can start advertising. Else, the account will get suspended for security issues. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha
Join me on Google+   |   Twitter

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi

Probably your campaign will be suspended if you try to drive traffic to hacked website.

wait till Google's confirmation that your site is safe and then start your campaigns

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

If the hacking has been resolved (has it?) and you confirmed with Google no hacking, then you can continue advertising.

This is strictly a security issue with no effect on performance (except the time the account was down)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hacking has been resolved and we have submitted to Google for re-verification. The process has not completed yet and the message still appears on search results that site has been hacked. I wanted to start the campaign immediately, while Google re-verifies and clears the site. Hence, the query,

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

You cannot, the error message has to be removed. Contact support.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
April 2017

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Aps R

In that case, wait for it to come up from the hacked status and then you can start advertising. Else, the account will get suspended for security issues. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha
Join me on Google+   |   Twitter

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks all!