4.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

HTML5 banners created outside GWD to Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello. If I am correct then to upload HTML5 .zip files to Adwords the HTML5 file does not necessarily need to be prepared in GWD. I know that in the past this was mandatory but that requirement is no longer stated on the  adwords policy page.

I'd like to ask those of you who have created HTML5 banners outside GWD (and outside Adobe Edge) whether they do upload without errors or not. I do not own  adwords account, I create the banners externally for a client, who then sends it to yet another company for upload to adwords. I'd just want to make sure that I'm sending something that will be working. Or is it possible to create an adwords account and just use it for testing purposes?

Creating the HTML5 banner in GWD is not an option for me due to the excessively high data consumption by the attached libraries.  On that account I was also wondering wether is it possible to "fake" a html file into a GWD html file...meaning maybe only some lines of code need to be added?

I'd appreciate any kind of help because this is a big issue for me currently

Thank you

Sasha

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: HTML5 banners created outside GWD to Adwords

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Sasha,

Thanks for posting to the Community! Yes, you'll see on the image ads policy page you linked here that there is a section providing specifications on HTML5 banners that were not designed with GWD (scroll down toward the bottom of the page). It provides full specifications for you there.

Hope this helps!
Cassie