4.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

HTML5 banner ads won't into AdWords using zip file

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I have read all of the supporting documentation without too much success. I'm trying to load up HTML5 banner ad I created with Google web designer into AdWords but it keeps telling me my zip file is corrupt etc. (You can download the zip file here to inspect)

I don't have any hyphens or numbers in my file names etc. No matter what I seem to do it just won't upload into my AdWords account. Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
January 2016

Re: HTML5 banner ads won't into AdWords using zip file

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Richard,

I hope you have read the primary instructions which are important especially when the advertisers create HTML5 ads in Google web designer:-

html5.png

Apart from this, if everything is in sync that you are trying, did you try contacting AdWords support for this particular issue:- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206?hl=en

Pankaj

View solution in original post

KT
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
KT
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey Richard,

Welcome to adwords community!
I checked your html files and it seems you forgot to add
meta tag within the <head> tag. For example:

<meta name="ad.size" content="width=300,height=250">
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
January 2016

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Richard,

I hope you have read the primary instructions which are important especially when the advertisers create HTML5 ads in Google web designer:-

html5.png

Apart from this, if everything is in sync that you are trying, did you try contacting AdWords support for this particular issue:- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206?hl=en

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes I followed all of those instructions. Since then I've managed to successfully recreate the ad without a problem, so thanks for your reply.

One question for you though, when I upload a HTML5 into AdWords, do I have to specify the landing page link within the HTML5 ad itself, or can I simply just set the landing page URL in the display URL and landing page URL section in the left-hand menu when you upload the ads?

In this section as per the screenshot:
a8d1815b6f8b9177fb2447cff5c1c695.png

As long as I put the correct URLs in the above fields the ad will point to the right URL correct? There is no need for me to hardcode the link into the HTML5 ad is there?

Thanks in advance

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Hi Richard,

Yes, You are correct here. You do not need to hard code the landing page URL within the HTML5 ad itself. You need to treat it like you would treat a static image banner and add the landing URL to the Final URL & Display URL section.

Try using the Editor to carry out this exercise as the bulk upload option there is very helpful.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers
Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

If I need expandable banner Ad and need to publish in adwords means its it possible. Any option? or only in double click can we do