4.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

HTML Banners?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a banner that I would like to run through adwords that has a search form on it and all the code and images are hosted on our servers. Is this a format that Adwords accepts? If so, where do we paste the code?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: HTML Banners?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Shawn81,

Your mean to say that inside the banner there is contact us form so any one can directly filll the form at banner. If this is the case then yes you can do this. Google stored all of your image ads at its server. There is no need to paste any code to run image ads. You can use the disply ad builder tool to create the images ads. Kindly read the following links to know more about images ads.

How do I create an image ad?

Google AdWords Image Ad Formats

Disply Ad Builder

Dinesh
My Blog

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Shawn, are you saying you have a form which you would like to advertise, and people fill in the form and are redirected somewhere?

Then no, you cannot run such an ad in AdWords. You can run text ads, 25/35/35 characters lines, image ads, flash ads and video ads (see Dinesh's list), but that's just about it. You cannot use HTML in your ads.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Calin,

Thanks for your response. Just to be clear on what we are actually looking for:

We are not collecting any user information. The only form is a Search form for users to submit a keyword and hit a "search" button. It would then pop a new window and redirect them to our search results.

But we are not allowed to use HTML in our ads via Google, then do you how else we could advertise this? I have seen ads come through Google befor that did that. Could it have been built in flash?