3.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

HOW do I bid my own brand name?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I see tons of support for and loads of articles about "bidding your own brand" or basically advertising when the user searches for your business using the specific brand name you use. My problem is that I can't find ANY articles that explain really HOW to do this. Do I set up a new campaign for just the exact phrase "Our Business Name"? Do I simply add our brand to the keywords for existing ad groups? What is the best strategy? How do I estimate my bid?

Thanks for any advice/links you can offer.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Matt C
January 2017

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Matt,

I find it works best to give your brand its own campaign. Because it will convert much better and cheaper than other keywords, it is best to view the brand data on its own. Also, typically brand bidders want to make sure their ads are always showing, so it helps to give it its own budget.

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Matt C,

Yes, it is smart to do so. It can improve your CTR (and quality score), and connect you with more of your audience. 

You would add your company/brand name as a keyword to your existing campaign or create a new one. Start with a small bid and then allow the system to suggest what it needs after a little performance history. 

And customize your dashboard columns to show the info that will help you. 1) add in the estimated first page bid 2) add in competitive metrics: loss due to budget and loss due to rank for all campaign types. 

Kind Regards,

James

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Matt C
January 2017

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Matt,

I find it works best to give your brand its own campaign. Because it will convert much better and cheaper than other keywords, it is best to view the brand data on its own. Also, typically brand bidders want to make sure their ads are always showing, so it helps to give it its own budget.