AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

1.6K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

HELP

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Helo Every One I want to know keyword match types , I know there are 6 types but someone saying more 2 are came recently i dont know what it is please help me..

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Rakesh Kumar (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: HELP

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Nitheesh, These are the primary match types: Exact, Phrase, Modified Broad, and Broad. There are also *negative* keywords, which can be used to qualify traffic and exclude irrelevant searches. Negative keywords can have the following match types: exact, phrase, or broad match.

This is the best source for information about match types: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6324?hl=en

Here are the highlights: 

Broad match allows your ad to show for searches on similar phrases and relevant variations, including synonyms, singular and plural forms, possible misspellings, stemmings (such as floor and flooring), related searches, and other relevant variations..
• Example: kittens
• Searches that can match: kittens, kitten photos, adopt a kitten

Broad match modifier allows your ad to show for searches that include your broad match keyword or close variations of your broad match keyword.
• Example: +adopt +kitten
• Searches that can match: adopt kitten, how to adopt a kitten, best kitten to adopt

Phrase match allows your ad to show only for searches that include the exact phrase, or close variations of that exact phrase, with additional words before or after.
• Example: "adopt a kitten"
• Searches that can match: adopt a kitten, adopt a kiten, how to adopt a kitten

Exact match allows your ad to show only for searches that use that exact phrase, or close variations of that exact phrase, and no other words.
• Example: [adopt a kitten]
• Search that can match: adopt a kitten, adopt a kiten

Negative match ensures that your ad doesn't show for any search that includes that term. Negative keywords can follow phrase/exact/broad match
• Example: -free
• Searches that won't match: free kitten adoption, free kitten calendars, who wants to free the kittens

For more examples, check out this link: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497836

I hope this helps!

Amy Bishop

AmyBishopMarketing.com

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author nitheesh s
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Rakesh Kumar (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Nitheesh, These are the primary match types: Exact, Phrase, Modified Broad, and Broad. There are also *negative* keywords, which can be used to qualify traffic and exclude irrelevant searches. Negative keywords can have the following match types: exact, phrase, or broad match.

This is the best source for information about match types: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6324?hl=en

Here are the highlights: 

Broad match allows your ad to show for searches on similar phrases and relevant variations, including synonyms, singular and plural forms, possible misspellings, stemmings (such as floor and flooring), related searches, and other relevant variations..
• Example: kittens
• Searches that can match: kittens, kitten photos, adopt a kitten

Broad match modifier allows your ad to show for searches that include your broad match keyword or close variations of your broad match keyword.
• Example: +adopt +kitten
• Searches that can match: adopt kitten, how to adopt a kitten, best kitten to adopt

Phrase match allows your ad to show only for searches that include the exact phrase, or close variations of that exact phrase, with additional words before or after.
• Example: "adopt a kitten"
• Searches that can match: adopt a kitten, adopt a kiten, how to adopt a kitten

Exact match allows your ad to show only for searches that use that exact phrase, or close variations of that exact phrase, and no other words.
• Example: [adopt a kitten]
• Search that can match: adopt a kitten, adopt a kiten

Negative match ensures that your ad doesn't show for any search that includes that term. Negative keywords can follow phrase/exact/broad match
• Example: -free
• Searches that won't match: free kitten adoption, free kitten calendars, who wants to free the kittens

For more examples, check out this link: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497836

I hope this helps!

Amy Bishop

AmyBishopMarketing.com

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank You..