Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

HELP please - problems with my campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm really after some help. I've sent an emai to Google but am yet to hear back.

I set up 5 campaigns each with a different ad and different keywords. The ads were tailored to the keywords for that campaigns.

Each campaign only had 1 Ad.

When I tested my account by typing the keywords in google, an Ad from a different campaign is being displayed which doesn't make any sense to the consumer as the keywords are conflicting.

Can someone please help? What am I doing wrong?

Thank you

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Keywords competing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello adelaidegoogle and welcome;

Do you have similar keywords on your campaigns? If this is the case, it might be that keywords are competing against each other.

When you test your campaigns, use the ad preview tool to make sure that the results are not biased.

Please give some more details.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: HELP please - problems with my campaigns

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi adelaidegoogle,

As per Google notes only one keyword per account is allowed to trigger an ad per search query.

What match type keywords are you using for your 5 campaigns?

There is a big possibility that excessive use of broad match is not allowing the equal distribution of unique keyword triggering from your account. That means broad match types are attracting majority of the traffic and superseding other match types from your account.

Few things to look for:

Look at the search terms report along with match type which is being delivered. It will hellp you identify the main culprits.

Run the Ad Preview and Diagnosis to see which keyword triggers which ad.

You might have to include the embedded negative matches inside your account so that this interference is controlled.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj