Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

HELP: Starting my adwords campaign up

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ive set up my add with a budget of £0.20 a day and I want to spend £20 in total but I don't see where I can set a budget like im going to spend £20 in total. Does the add last 30 days or can I choose an option for how many days it lasts, where can I do that?

With keywords how does it work? do I pay a certain amount for each keyword or what?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: HELP: Starting my adwords campaign up

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey Dominiclead,

You can choose your DAILY BUDGET and you can also choose an automoatic END DATE to your campaign.

If you want to limit the total budget of your camapign - you can prepay by choosing the manual payment option.

Good Luck Smiley Happy,

Asaf

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by nickb (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Monthly budget

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello Dominiclead and welcome to our community;

Your overall monthly spending (though may get up to 120% of your daily budget, i.e. 0.24 GBP per day), will NOT go above the following calculation (for a given month - on a yearlycalendarbasis):

• 30.4* your daily budget = Max monthly charge

So, you shouldn't worry on your monthly costs. If you set your budget to 0.2 GBP - in a given month, you will not be charged more than 6.08 GBP. The only thing you need to pay attention to, is stopping your campaign after you have exhausted your budget.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: HELP: Starting my adwords campaign up

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Dominiclead,

If you have already set a daily budget of £0.20, then Google won't charge you more than £0.24 per day. Once you exhaust £0.24, your ad will be stopped form diplay. With a dialy budget of £0.20, you can continue 30 days easily. Good Luck.

Thanks,

Pravu.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Your response scares me. I have to worry about exceeding my budget? I thought if I say my budget is $500, then, I wouldn't owe more than $500.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
If it is a pre paid, then you wont be charged more than your budget.