2.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Granting AdWords access to another user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have an AdWords account under the Gmail account A, and I'd like to grant user B administrative access to my AdWords account.  I went into the A's AdWords account user settings, added the email B as an admin user, and sent out an invitation to B.

WIth the account B, I opened up the invitation mail, click on the acceptance link, which takes me to a form -- I answer:
"I have an email address and password I already use with Google services like AdSense, Gmail, YouTube, or Google+."
and
"I'd like to use my existing Google account to log into AdWords."

So far so good.  But then I'm prompted to log-in with account B.  Once I do this, I'm redirected to AdWords.  But instead of gaining access to A's AdWords account that sent the invitation, it created a new AdWords account just for B.

I've deactivated this unwanted AdWords account B and tried the same procedure again, but now it tells me that B already has an AdWords account and cannot access another one.

So, how can I make sure that B gets access to account A?
1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Re: Granting AdWords access to another user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

Try following the method explained by Googler GDi in this thread to re-use an email address for AdWords and see if it helps you or not: 

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Basics-for-New-Advertisers/How-to-reuse-an-e-mail-address-fo...

Pankaj

Re: Granting AdWords access to another user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your answer. Following the instructions I was able to fix the problem.

However I think that there was a serious design flaw in the AW granting process: it should be stated clearly that, in order to accept an AW access invitation, the invited account MUST be the primary sign-in account (user0) during that browser session.

Just for future reference.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hcgjgv, bmvk,nv vn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

6oittuojmf gfoiteg