2.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Google shopping, UPC's required?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Are UPC's still required for the new paid google shopping? I dont have all of them yet they are still appearing. I sell perfumes and colognes and beauty products. i really dont have access to the upc's and since its paid now i dont think upcs should be required. any help would be appreciated, just want to know if they will be required or what is going on since the ones i have without upcs are still appearing

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Alys (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Google shopping, UPC's required?

GDi Google Employee
Google Employee
# 2
GDi Google Employee
Google Employee
Hi,

The requirements vary depending on your location.

You can see the requirements here, where I've preselected the US for you, but you can select your own location in the drop-down menu at the top: http://support.google.com/merchants/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1344057#US

See the row "gtin" for which product types that are "R" (required) and + (recommended).

So as UPCs are not required for all products, it explains why your products are appearing now.

Hope this helps! Smiley Happy

Best,
GDi

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Alys (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Google shopping, UPC's required?

GDi Google Employee
Google Employee
# 2
GDi Google Employee
Google Employee
Hi,

The requirements vary depending on your location.

You can see the requirements here, where I've preselected the US for you, but you can select your own location in the drop-down menu at the top: http://support.google.com/merchants/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1344057#US

See the row "gtin" for which product types that are "R" (required) and + (recommended).

So as UPCs are not required for all products, it explains why your products are appearing now.

Hope this helps! Smiley Happy

Best,
GDi