AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Google remove the right side ads, does it will influence us?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi everyone,

I got the news that Google remove the right side ads, should I change the bid strategy or something?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google remove the right side ads, does it will influence us?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Ellen Z,

While it is almost confirmed* news that there won't be any sidebar ads in Google's search result page except for shopping ad and ads in knowledge graph, it would be a bit too to early to come up with optimization suggestions. However, there are a few things that you should consider in my opinion -

Analyze your average ad position - If your average ad position is below 4, your ads may trigger in the bottom section now. To bring it more exposure, you can consider achieving a score less than 4 to have your ads show up above the fold. However, if you already achieve a score above 4, e.g 3.* or 2.* or  above, there's nothing to worry, your ad would still show above the fold.  

To me, for any advertiser whose ads position is above 7, it's a good piece of news. Why? Because, your ads would now appear with extensions like sitelinks, callouts, rich snippets etc. which of course was not possible beforehand and was limited to top three ads only.

One more thing to point out, as there won't be any right bar ad, the number of people scrolling the search result page would most likely increase. Hence, the ads even at the bottom would get exposure. 

There's nothing to panic!!! I find reasons to be happy at. There will be lesser number of ads in the one span of eye view. It means, ads will be now get better differential exposures. 

My two cents. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha
Join me on Google+   |   Tweeter

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Re: Google remove the right side ads, does it will influence us?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thank you!!!!