2.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Google please fix the date format

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Please fix the silly confusing American way to express the dates. The crooked order month/day/year makes absolutely no sense. Dates should be expressed in a logical direction: either from small to big (day/month/year), or from big to small (year/month/day). You are computer people, you should understand that, for heaven's sake! Do what the whole world does.

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google please fix the date format

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Change it on your Gmail preferences.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Sorin,

Dates display according to your language settings.

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It has not worked, The date is displayed reasonably on this thread, but nowhere on Adwords, even after modifying the preferences.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hold on...which date setting are you asking about ? Google account date (as mentioned in the topic line) or AdWords date setting?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Why are you replying if you have no idea about the topic? Can you read? It says "www.en.adwords-community.com". Don't confuse people.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Because your question's topic (which defines the "intent" of your question) has no specific reference to the product. AND time format is one of those "global parameters" that could be controlled either from your Google account settings or within your AdWords account preferences ;
Check this link ;
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704334?hl=en-gb

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I really do not understand why you keep replying. I DID NOT ask how I can change the date format. I formulated a request to Google guys to understand that the American date format is wrong and illogical and they should use a reasonable one. Unless you are a Goggle team member, please refrain.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Well...This is a public forum, and we do not restrict users from expressing views, as long as the content and the writing style are  within the guideline.

And though you are entitled to your views (I could argue about the attitude towards Google.....) the post / answers should be correct for  users search (in the future)  "AdWords date format".

Though I agree that the American format is NOT within the ISO 8601 (international date format), it is still a format widely used; thus Google "offer"it to users.

Google has set a process for feedback; You can submit your feedback using this link; 

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/176378?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No, they don't. I think they do it by location, because, in other parts of the world, they might use a different date format or time format than another country that speaks the same language (Eg: England and America)