Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Google partner badge for individuals

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

I'm new to this community. I've passed 5 of 6 AdWords exams so far and I wanted to ask whether it's possible to get a Google partner badge as an individual if I'm not working in an agency or any other company?

Kind regards, 

Galina

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Galka K
July 2016

Re: Google partner badge for individuals

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Currently, a badge is awarded only to an agency which meets spend of USD10,000 or equivalent, within 3 months. (In addition to a certification)
Individuals are only awarded an exam certification;
https://support.google.com/partners/answer/3126965?hl=en&ref_topic=3203462
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Galina;

To be entitled to a badge you should join the Partners program and also  meet a  minimum quarterly spend. (In addition to successfully passing exams). Read details here;

https://www.google.com/partners/

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi again,

I've joined Google partners. How much is the minimum monthly spent? I
cannot spend as much as an agency for sure.
Aren't there different requirements for individuals than the agencies?

Kind regards,
Galina
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Galka K
July 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Currently, a badge is awarded only to an agency which meets spend of USD10,000 or equivalent, within 3 months. (In addition to a certification)
Individuals are only awarded an exam certification;
https://support.google.com/partners/answer/3126965?hl=en&ref_topic=3203462

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Galka K,

I am a badged Google Partner and can agree with @MosheTLV on his helpful information supplied. 

Take a look at this chart and it will help you further understand. Also, please note that as of June 2016, an agency needs to have a Manager Account (MCC / My Client Center) setup and in action for 12 months, which is not quite posted throughout the help databases yet. Since you have the exams covered, you should immediately set up a Manager Account and work towards that and the spend level requirements. Make it a goal to obtain badge-status in 12 -months.  

google partner.png

badged requirements.jpg

I hope this is found to be useful. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello , I am getting AdWords certified and use a managers account . I have clients and will be spending $10,000 in 90 days. I was wondering if then I could the badge for my personal profile.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

Thanks for sharing all that information. My query is, that on my profile shows me as a visitor, and I am currently a Google Local Guide at level 6, and also fundamentals adwords certified, which does not show on my profile. Can you help me understand how do I get to show that under my profile?

Thanks 

Amrita Sheth

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @amrita s,

This community has nothing to do with the Google Local Guides program and your status with that program will not be shown here. You will need to visit the Google Local Guides community for your stats to be displayed. 

Also, there is no such thing as being certified in AdWords Fundamentals. Fundamentals is a core competency exam that does not provide certification... it merely validates the other AdWords exams once they are passed. At this point, you are not certified in any AdWords product and should not represent yourself as such. Please use this information to learn more.

Kind Regards,

James 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi, Moshe.

Is it possible to make my individual certificates public if I am not a partner?

Best,

Archil.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi Archil,

No, at this time, not even Google Partners can make their certificates public via the system itself. You can only share the image of your certificate (which is allowed anywhere you wish). 

Since the migration to Academy for Ads on January 28, 2018... we are all in the same boat.

Kind Regards,

James