Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Google is emailing my personal account with adword emails

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My personal google account does not have an adwords account. But I keep getting email from google. I don't want to set this email to spam as that might stop other emails from google. But I have unsubscribed three times now, to no avail. Short of contacting the UK Data Protection Commissionaire, how can I stop this email?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Michelle,

What kind of emails are you getting from Google AdWords, that you do not want anymore? I just want to make sure to have all the facts before giving you any of the wrong advice Smiley Happy 

Re: Google is emailing my personal account with adword emails

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
They are marketing emails, trying to get me to launch an Adwords campaign. I have phoned the 0800 number, but because I have no account they can't turn the emails off.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Also thank you.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Possible to share an extract from one of them? This looks like one of those emails you get to sign up for AdWords, meaning that you must be part of a mailing list to get new customers onto AdWords.

Re: Google is emailing my personal account with adword emails

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you

Somewhat embarrassingly, I can't find the emails. If they are emails trying to get me to sign up how can I stop them?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Umm, no worries.

The next time you see an email like this, go through it, towards the end, it would have a link to unsubscribe. Else you can just set a rule to move the emails with that specific subject line to another folder.