3.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Google apps group email does not allow adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok, so I tried this on two domains both with Google Apps, and both gave the same issues.

I have account emails with groups set up that we wanted to use for our Adwords MCC account primary.  The issue lies with the group email saying "this email already exists to an account". Now it doesn't because it is a new email I just created. So OK, I will buy this for now, so I will use the forgotten password feature to get the password, but this screen confirms that "no account can be found with this email" - which is correct, but conflicting with the sign up screen.

Basically, Adwords will not allow me to associated a group email on google apps (on two different apps accounts) to an MCC account.  Is this a known issue? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google apps group email does not allow adwords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

The issue is that if the G Apps accounts  are linked to the Adwords service associated with  (built into) G  Apps accounts,  even if you do not use Adwords associated with  this Apps account;

You could either:

Set your campaign using the AdWords account associated (Linked from the Apps console)  with the specific G Apps account. (And then the password would be the one used  to access this G Apps account - I am not quite sure you want that...)

OR (a better way in my view) not to use G Apps account for Adwords, and to set a separate "free" Gmail account for accessing your Adwords. (Another advantage would be, that if you wish to link this Adwords to a third party MCC  you would do that using  a Gmail account which is "outside" to  the organization).

I hope I did not make the issue more confusing...Smiley Happy

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’