AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Google adwords keyword tool will not sort stats when researching for many keywords at a time. Help?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having problem using Google adwords keyword tool when researching for many keywords at a time. I wonder if you are aware of this problem? The tool has ceased working when one place many keywords in it at the same time. It will not sort the statistics when one uses many keywords.Before this happened, it allowed up to 2500 keywords at a time. Although the search gives stats, the stats are now impossible to be sorted in order but lies in disorder. Something is wrong. Please help so I can continue to research and do my work.

Take care

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google adwords keyword tool will not sort stats when researching for many keywords at a time. He

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello paranormalmyst; welcome;

Honestly; I wonder why one could benefit from using the tool for that many words;

The tool is intended to give you ideas for new keywords; to estimate , traffic and competition and to get a sense of the CPC

Using the tool for your best performing keywords should suffice (Pareto principle)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Google adwords keyword tool will not sort stats when researching for many keywords at a time. He

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am researching which keywords to use, so it is necessary.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having the same problem too even with 2 keywords. Started about a week ago? Happens in Chrome and FF , not tried in IE

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've been having the same problem since about a week or so. Just to clarify what user "paranormalmyst" is referring to, allow me to expand on his explanation a bit:

When you type in multiple keywords/keyphrases and click the search button, two tables appear below the search button. The first one is called "Search terms" and the second "Keyword ideas." 

Now, when you click "Local Monthly Searches," for example, all of the keywords in both tables should be sorted by Local Monthly Searches (from high to low), but in fact, only the keywords in the second table are sorted. The keywords in the first table remain in their original order and cannot by sorted in any way. Until about a week ago, the keywords were always sorted in both tables.

This error (or change) makes it very difficult to get a good overview when using a list of specific keywords. Currently, the only solution that I've been able to think of is to download the results as an Excel document and sorting it in Excel, but that's a bit of a hassle, especially if you use the keyword tool on regular basis.

Other solutions I've tried were sorting it in different ways, using each of the different "Match Types," using the "Advanced Search Options and Filters" and signing in to my AdWords account, but, unfortunately, none of those made any difference.

It would be greatly appreciated if this problem would be fixed soon.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello Jurgen; welcome;

Can you upload a screenshot to help us to better understand the problem you are facing?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi MosheTLV,

Sure, no problem.

As you can see in the screenshot, I have sorted the keywords by "Local Monthly Searches" (from high to low) but they have only been sorted in the second table (Keyword ideas) but the order of the keywords in the first table (Search terms) hasn't changed. In the past, the keywords in that table would be sorted as well but as you can see, it no longer does that.

The problem it causes is that there's no longer an easy way to compare the search volumes for a list of specific keywords.

Link to full image: http://i48.tinypic.com/10p37mo.png

Thank you for your help!

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

OK;

Thank you;

I verified the bug on my machine.

I will report to Google.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you, I really appreciate it!

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Google has communicated that the case is being investigated. Google should post here when the technical investigation is  completed.

Thank you