Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Google Small Business, Adwords, etc are crap for start up websites

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It took three weeks and a budget our "google rep" said would produce results, to see that Google is crap. I can type in my name and address and I wouldnt show up. We tested bing vs google, only paying for Google. Bing produced not only more results but when our site name was imputed into the search...IT ACTUALLY SHOWED UP. On Google I went 15 pages in with the words "warm towel racks". Not once did my site get shown. In fact sites in Africa were being shown before mine which was never found. We pay google and even that far in we still arent listed. No wonder not a single person has found our site on Google search. You a new start up website? Go with Bing. Google doesnt care they just want your money and in return pretends to help your site get seen. What a pathetic company!! Thank you Google for showing me that paying you is a complete waste of time and money.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Small Business, Adwords, etc are crap for start up websites

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Timothy D

I think there is a confusion here.

When you are saying: "Bing produced not only more results, but when our site name was imported into the search",  and "Not once did my site get shown. In fact sites in Africa were being shown before mine which was never found. We pay google and even that far in we still aren't listed. No wonder not a single person has found our site on Google search"-   Do you mean that your site was shown as a  Bing  ad or organic search?

Google organic search is an independent system with a ranking / listing algorithm totally different  and self running than Google ads, Paying  for Google ads does not   affect your site ranking on Google search.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’