2.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Google Site Stats message

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I have conversion tracking set up on my Thank You page and I've set the oprtion to let Google display the Google Site Stats message at the bottom of the page.  If a user buys something now from my site and that message appears at the bottom of the page, does  that mean that the purchase was linked to a cookie saved when the visitor came to my site earlier but didn't buy anything?  And in that case the purchase should show up as a conversion in AdWords.  Or does seeing the Google Site Stats message after a purchase just mean that the Thank You page contains the conversion tracking code and so the message will appear even if the visitor never clicked an AdWords ad and just came instead to the site cold and bought something. In that case the purchase will not be reported as a conversioin in AdWords.

Thanks for any information.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Google Site Stats message

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Stevea,

This is correct:

"Or does seeing the Google Site Stats message after a purchase just mean that the Thank You page contains the conversion tracking code and so the message will appear even if the visitor never clicked an AdWords ad and just came instead to the site cold and bought something. In that case the purchase will not be reported as a conversion in AdWords."

Conversions will only be triggered if an ad has been clicked and the user has been cookied. 

The image part of the conversion code is now part of the page, anyone who accesses that page, regardless of how they get there, will see the 'Google Site Stats' on the page.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’