6.3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Google Scholar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Can we use our Adwords account to display an ad when, or only when, a keyword is used for a search in Google scholar?
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Scholar

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello ProfMichaelson;

Nice question !!!

Google scholar is intended to service the scientific and legal communities, as a free of charge, alternative service, to scientific and legal commercial databases Articles are ranked on "Scholar" based on the credentials of the author, and the reputation of the publication / journal.

To my knowledge, you cannot target scholar.google.com (ONLY) on the search network .(But, if "Scholar articles" are shown on the "general " google search, for a given query, your ad can appear. Also, your ad can appear on "Google books". (You target "books" as part on "google search").

I checked using "doubleclick" ad planner; "Scholar" cannot be targeted (as a placement) on the display network;

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Google Scholar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the prompt reply. That's unfortunate. With the proliferation of open-access journals, it would be nice if a research facility could promote it's publications in an efficient way.