Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Google Remarketing list reset to 0. All I did was copy the code to another page

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am in the process of learning the ropes with Google Remarketing. I had a list set up on one of my sites with the required code, and it had about 5 in the list. I had the code placed on my homepage one. All I did was copy the code and paste it to the other pages of the site, and suddenly my list is empty.

Any ideas?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author ferdiaob
September 2015

Re: Google Remarketing list reset to 0. All I did was copy the code to another page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Ferdiaob,

Welcome to the Community!

I do know that remarketing has very recently changed but I think that the basic functionality of membership duration has remained the same.

I have a couple suggestions for why you may be experiencing this sudden loss of the 5 members of your list.

1.  The cookie duration has expired and the users have been removed from the list.

2.  The users deleted and/or removed cookies from their browser and have been removed from the list.

3.  You may have inadvertently created a new audience list.

For further information here are a few links you may find useful:

Inside AdWords Blog on New Remarketing Features

Using remarketing to reach people who visited your site

Strategies for setting up remarketing campaigns

Fix issues with your remarketing lists, tags, and ads

Minimum number of cookies in a list and how quickly they get added

Perhaps these resources can help you identify what has happened and/or provide some further information about remarketing for you.

Please let us know if we can help further.

Cheers!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author ferdiaob
September 2015

Re: Google Remarketing list reset to 0. All I did was copy the code to another page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Ferdiaob,

Welcome to the Community!

I do know that remarketing has very recently changed but I think that the basic functionality of membership duration has remained the same.

I have a couple suggestions for why you may be experiencing this sudden loss of the 5 members of your list.

1.  The cookie duration has expired and the users have been removed from the list.

2.  The users deleted and/or removed cookies from their browser and have been removed from the list.

3.  You may have inadvertently created a new audience list.

For further information here are a few links you may find useful:

Inside AdWords Blog on New Remarketing Features

Using remarketing to reach people who visited your site

Strategies for setting up remarketing campaigns

Fix issues with your remarketing lists, tags, and ads

Minimum number of cookies in a list and how quickly they get added

Perhaps these resources can help you identify what has happened and/or provide some further information about remarketing for you.

Please let us know if we can help further.

Cheers!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’